You can offer subscriptions to your customers in Instant Commerce. This saves your customers time and generates recurring revenue for you—everyone's happy!
Before you start, your store needs to be connected with Shopify.
To offer subscriptions, you have to integrate a subscription app with your Shopify store.
After you've set up a Shopify subscription app, you can list the advantages of taking out subscriptions on your Product Detail Pages (PDPs). To do this, you can add up to four lines of text to a designated Storyblok story.
To offer subscriptions, you need to add a subscription provider that uses Shopify Checkout to your Shopify store.
Using Yotpo, Recharge, or Skio as subscription provider
Unfortunately, Skio's volume discount feature is not currently supported by Instant Commerce.
- Open your Instant Commerce store and go to Integrations.
- Find the Recharge or Skio integration. Click Enable.
Your customers will see a new tab in the sidebar of their account environment called Subscriptions. It links to the customer portal of your subscription provider.
Using a different subscription provider
If you choose another subscription provider that uses Shopify Checkout, you don't have to set up that integration in Instant Commerce. This does mean that your customers won't see the customer portal linked in their account environment.
In both cases, you need to allow Instant commerce to retrieve subscription data from Shopify:
- On your Shopify store page, select Apps on the left side and go to App and sales channel settings.
- Click Develop apps for your store and select the app you created to connect to Instant Commerce.
- On the Configuration tab, go to Storefront API integration and click Edit.
- Scroll to Selling plans and select
- Click Save.
- Open you Instant Commerce store and go to Integrations.
- Find your Shopify integration and click Configure.
- Toggle Enable subscriptions on.
You're now set up to offer subscriptions, but you still need to add your subscription advantages to Storyblok if you'd like to show them on the PDPs.
Show subscription advantages on the PDPs
Add up to four lines to the designated Storyblok story. These will then be displayed on your PDPs to let you customers know what the advantages of taking out subscriptions are.
- Open your Storyblok space and go to Content > Products > Product details.
- Under Usps, click the + / Add block button and select the Text type.
- Click the Text block that you just added to enter the first advantage to go on the PDP.
- If you want to add more advantages, add more blocks as in step 2 and enter text as in step 3.
- Save and Publish your changes.
Once you've set up your subscription integration up in Shopify and entered the copy in Storyblok, your customers can start taking out subscriptions!